iOS 9.1 audio? Go to SETTINGS > PRIVACY > disenage the switch for mic access and RE-ENGAGE it. It may report allowed access but it is being blocked on some 6s and 6s+ devices.
Usage questions? ***Note: We cannot respond to reviews so contact us before posting an issue.*** Please contact direct Peterson Support at: email@example.com or call 708.388.3311 M-F 8am-5pm (CST)
Version 2.3 (11/18/14)
• Some users have reported picking up mains hum (the tuner displays a constant pitch – which can be different according to location and environment) – this is a (unintended – sorry!) consequence of extending the range and sensitivity of the tuner. Rather than undoing the changes above which give far greater tracking and accuracy we have added a dedicated mains hum filter in Tuner/Advanced settings.
—iStroboSoft for iOS—
Peterson Strobe Tuners' popular StroboSoft tuning application for the iPod touch® and iPhone™. iStroboSoft™ offers the unmatched accuracy of a mechanical strobe tuner for the highest degree of precision available in a software tuning application.
Plug in and tune your electrics and acoustics quickly and easily with 1/10th cent accuracy.
Peterson Tuners has offered tuning solutions for over 65 years and is the only company specializing in hardware and software tuning products for all levels of musicians.
• NEW – Stand-by mode to reduce battery usage or freeze the display.
• NEW – Guided Mode Tuning offers an alternate strobe display that slows the strobe bands one-by-one as you come closer to tune.
• NEW – Speed control for strobe display; dampen the response for a longer note display.
• NEW – 12 Temperaments with adjustable root control.
• NEW – Display all sharps note display.
• NEW – Assisted Low Note Detection (ALND) helps capture very low frequencies.
• NEW – Mains hum filter option reduces the chances of the tuner latching on to 50 or 60Hz cycle hum when using a direct line-in connection or while using the app during device charging.
• Smooth, real-time strobe display allows you to achieve an unmatched level of accuracy.
• Note/Octave window displays the correct note and octave for the note being tuned.
• Cents display allows you to see how far out of tune your note is in cent values.
• Tune in auto or manual mode.
• Toggle the display to show: cents, Hz, MIDI note value for the note being tuned.
• Glowing flat/sharp indicators assist when tuning a note very far from the target position.
• Noise filter: Use the noise filter when utilizing an external mic or clip-on tuning device to help reduce the effect of extraneous environmental noise during tuning.
• Input boost: The input boost will raise all input frequencies by +24dB.
• Calibration mode: iStroboSoft can be calibrated to an external source guaranteeing 1/10th cent accuracy.
• Drop/Capo mode: iStroboSoft will auto-transpose notes up or down to one full octave.
• Adjustable Concert A: Change the Concert A reference of the tuner to accommodate tuning to a fixed instrument, such as a piano, or tune instruments that do not utilize the typical Western A440 reference.
• Full screen mode permits the strobe display to be maximized on screen to allow better viewing from a distance.
• Change strobe display colors to accommodate different lighting environments or set a preferred user color for those with limited color palette recognition.
– 2nd and 3rd generation users will require an external microphone similar to a headset mic used with the iPhone.
– 4th generation users can utilize the built-in mic on their device.
– Users can use the built-in mic for tuning or connect direct via the headphone jack using an approved adaptor cable or interface.
This version is universal and will function on iPad 2nd Gen+
Optional adaptor cable for direct line-in access as well as mini capsule microphone available from Peterson.
Support via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 708.388.3311 M-F 8am-5pm (CST)